SS10 console settings

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 02:05:56 CDT 2015

Folks,

I'm trying to resurrect a couple of Sparcstation 10 systems. Is there
anything 'funny' about the serial console settings on SS10 hardware? I
thought they always defaulted to 9600-n-8-1, but I get voluminous
gobbledygook at that, and at every other baud rate I've tried.

Both systems behave identically, so I can't assume SS10 settings are
wrong. And I *am* getting data, so I don't see how it can be the
cabling. Something strange about the terminal emulation mode required
maybe?

Thanks

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'