Front Panel Tech Note No3

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 13 15:17:45 CDT 2015

PDP-8/e Panel Variants

I now have a list of _possible_ (not actual) variations.
Its not quite the same as what I had before.
In addition I have heard there may be colour variations in some cases.

A is the current shipping version

    A     No dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch vertical

     B      Dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch vertical

     C    No dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch angled

     D     Dividing lines between lamp groups
             Position 1 and 6  on select switch angled

As these only involve artwork and silk screen frame changes I can use
the same plexiglas blanks for them

Whats the next most popular PDP-8 after the /e? Any ideas ?

Rod