80 column (un)punched cards

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 07:20:38 CDT 2015

> 1 box (2000) normal light buff (off-white) colour,
> around 500 of same with blue stripe, and several
> dozen of various colours, all with the normal
> numbers printed and "all unperforated - ha ha ha!"
> (obscure and lame reference to a line in Flanders
> and Swann's 'Have some Madeira, M'dear!' that was
> apparently too risque for the American sensibility
> ;-).

Now I thought I knew most of Flanders and Swann, but
'all unperforated' doesn't bring anything to mind. Care to
explain (off list if it's not suitable for the general public).

I did find it mildly amusing that the Facit 4070 service manual
refers to totally blank tape -- not even feed holes punched --
as 'virgin tape' ;-)

-tony