Blue tape retainers

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 9 21:15:10 CDT 2015

On 2015-Jun-09, at 3:01 PM, jwsmobile wrote:

>  I find that the Writghtline seals work the best if the tapes were not and are not hung with them.  Eventually the white material will fail, or the black lock will break, but they are by far the longest lasting other than just a clear box container.

Every couple of years for awhile now I'll be surprised in hearing a snap, clunk and strange scuffling sound in the house.

It's one of those tape collar-seals breaking spontaneously, at which point the hung reel falls to the floor and takes off across the room, generally unwinding the tape as it goes.