Blue tape retainers

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Jun 9 17:47:11 CDT 2015

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 6:01 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Mark J. Blair wrote:
>
>> Was the magic tape silicone, or was it maybe something like vinyl, like the clear vinyl (?) film used for no-adhesive window decals?
>
>   I have a couple of those strips on some tapes - feels like vinyl.

That sounds right.  It’s the same stuff used for DECtape; we called those LBTs (“little blue things”).  They work for 1/2 inch magtape provided the backing is glossy, not the matte stuff that some manufacturers used.

I believe it’s the same stuff that you can find in window decals, like the ones of animals I had as a 4 year old.

	paul