Holy mother of pearl. 25000 for an 026

Connor Krukosky connork at connorsdomain.com
Sat Jun 6 05:11:20 CDT 2015

The two bids where actually me pushing my bid up worrying that there
would be a snipe at the end but there was not...
No-one else wanted it, it was luckily only about and hour from me.
I have been slowly working on it, it now feeds and registers a card
correctly but my main problem is dirty relay contacts it seems.
I have zero experience as-well... The 024 and 026 were introduced 48
years before I was born so I honestly am tackling a new beast heh.
But I have been slowly making progress :)
Really they are complicated in their mechanics, the only overwhelming
thing with the electronics are the sheer number of wires, especially to
that keyboard!
For the keys I am going to try and 3D print semi close replacements
until I am lucky enough to find original keys...
I wish those looking for an 029 luck, they seem to be quite rare in
comparison to the 026 as I have previously said.
The only reasoning I have found for this is because IBM seem to have
sold off the rest of their inventory of 024/026 Keypunches and parts to
a company called MAI which kept them going well after they were intended...
Mine had a service booklet that says it had Service coverage affective
in 1970 for the US Army. This was 6 years after the 029 was released in
1964 and 21 years after the 026 was introduced!
Not to mention I think I have seen a service log entry into the early
80s (I have absolutely tons of these service logs)!!
I do although have the desk for an 029... Likely will never find the
guts but oh well it makes a cool desk until then :)
I got that for free from a set of the desks, the rest were trashed that
one was actually nice, but they used a bunch of trashed 029's to barely
get one working so it wasn't put to waste I suppose.
I at-least stopped the good desk from hitting the trash.

-Connork