First Computer Store

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Sun Jul 26 22:26:36 CDT 2015

I don't remember the exact date, but I was in high school which places it
in the mid-1970s: there was a storefront called "The Retail Computer Store"
that sold Altairs, IMSAIs, Chromemco and SWTPC.  I really wanted the little
SWTP 680 - now, of course, they're sky high if you can find one.
Interestingly, my first programming job was just a few years later,
programming the 6800 in assembly for what we'd now call embedded systems.
 -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."