Apple LaserWriter ever work with the Apple Lisa?

Nigel Williams nw at retrocomputingtasmania.com
Sat Jul 25 18:46:38 CDT 2015

A colleague was adamant that the Apple LaserWriter worked with the Apple Lisa; my counter was I thought he was likely confusing his memory with the Mac XL which via Macworks and LocalTalk could use the LaserWriter drivers to print although more slowly due to the 3MHz speed difference (Mac XL at 5MHz, Macintosh Plus at 8Mhz).

I found some evidence in InfoWorld that states that the LaserWriter would not be supported on Lisa Office System 7/7.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=6i4EAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA13&ots=iH8F7zeaO_&dq=apple%20lisa%20with%20laserwriter&pg=PA13#v=onepage&q=apple%20lisa%20with%20laserwriter&f=false

short version: https://goo.gl/O1jokf

Anyone know different? would Lisa 7/7 been unable to support the LaserWriter due to other software limitations?