Time to dig out some of my DEC XX2247 keys

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 23:51:26 CDT 2015

> > Only two bidders (so far), of which Bidder  s***e (695) is clearly
> > insane. :)
>
> Were these keys one size fits all? Or were they custom ala the IBM 5170 keys?

Most (and all that I have seen) DEC machines that used this type of key were keyed alike
and took the XX2247. I believe you could specially order a machine with a different pinning
to the lock, but I've never seen it done.

Incidentally, I think a good locksmith could cut a key based on the XX2247 code (only, they
wouldn't need a key to copy). I have no idea how much they would charge for that but I think
it would be less than the current bit on this Ebay item.

-tony