email gripe

Todd Goodman tsg at bonedaddy.net
Wed Jul 8 09:25:40 CDT 2015

* Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net> [150708 10:17]:
> On 07/07/2015 07:18 PM, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
> > From: jwsmobile: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 3:43 PM
> >> If there were a technical reason to keep it in a simple format that
> >> would be fine, but as Al K pointed out quite some time ago, Google
> >> already indexes all of this quite fine as it and most search engines
> >> do, so the list is text searchable.
> >
> > For me, HTML mail is disdained because it's a security nightmare.
> > I don't want to worry about transparent tracking images, cookies,
> > javascript, and who knows what else they've invented or will invent.
> >
> > I just want to read what you've got to say.
> >
> > I might want to follow your link, if I have sufficient interest and
> > trust, but I want to have to make that decision *before* entering the
> > spy filled, all-singing, all-dancing hype arena.
> >
> >     Vince
>
> 	Ahh, the sweet smell of paranoia... :) Listen, if they want to track &
> watch you, they're doing it already. Using text-only email won't help
> much; give it up.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
:-)

It's not "they" (meaning some state sponsered spy program) that's the
big problem, it's the hundreds of spam malware that's sent using email
and image or other "auto loading features" of mail programs as an attack
vector.

It's why everyone I know who isn't really computer saavy and runs windows
has to wipe and reinstall regularly.

Todd