seeking advice on moving PDP 11 and related gear

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jul 2 07:48:00 CDT 2015

    > From: devin davison

    > any precautions I can take to make sure this all gets back in one
    > piece? Especially in relation to the RL drives

Other people have covered most of this; my additional advice is to download
the RL01/RL02 manual, and read it thoroughly. It covers the process on how to
open an un-powered RL0x drive (it's not obvious/trivial), and how to lock the
heads for moving the drive.

    > From: Jerome H. Fine

    > make sure that a fast (emergency?) stop does not shift the load.

True; stack all the stuff along the front wall of the truck enclosure, and
use shipping straps, etc, liberally.

    Noel