Tape Drive Capstans

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Sat Jan 31 04:51:48 CST 2015

David Griffith wrote:

>>> Technically there should be no out gassing at 0 Kelvin.... ;)
>>
>> Ah yes, but then there are the 3 laws of thermodynamics which have been expressed as :
>>
>> 1st : You can't win, you can only break even
>>
>> 2nd : You can only break even at absolute zero
>>
>> 3rd : You can't get to absolute zerp
>                                   ^^^^
>
>I'm going to add "zerp" to my list of synonyms for "zero".

Maybe zerp is one of the zeros in ones compliment, the other being zern?

>--
>David Griffith
>dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
>
>A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
>Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>A: Top-posting.
>Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

(Some years ago, a colleague told me I was confusing the customers by not
putting my replies at the top.  Thanks for providing a nice logical summary of
the subject to show to him instead of my having to figure out how to penetrate
an upside down mind :-)

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.