Warren's 'VTserver'

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 13:25:19 CST 2015

Yeah, why is serial so dodgy on Mac?  I had to manually load kernel
extensions for the PL2303 usb/serial uart, and now it works for normal
stuff.  Code was on github or something.  Nice and hackerly.

I think when things get weird, like 7-bit ASCII or weird stuff that's not
even normal characters, the thing just falls over.  I get totally normal
behaviour when using it with RT-11, RSX-11M, XXDP, but as soon as I boot
2.9BSD, the thing goes wild.

Using my old SPARC workstation (with it's REAL serial port) to run VTserver
has solved the problem (and has also given me an excuse to have ANOTHER
neat old machine in the library and out of storage :)