MEM11 Status Update

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Tue Jan 20 11:35:57 CST 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 07:27:15AM -0800, Guy Sotomayor wrote:
>I'm using FRAM.  They have unlimited write cycles and are accessed
>just like SRAM.  I didn't
>want to have any sort of removable media as that bring its own sets
>of challenges.

Aw sweet!  I was going to jump in and suggest FRAM (it's the only part of
my on-paper RF08/RS08 emulator that I've actually built) but you're way
ahead of me.  It's such cool stuff -- the parallel version might even make
sense for an Omnibus RAM board, if we didn't already have new ones of those
recently.  I love the fact that a whole string of RS08s fits on a
daughterboard that's about 2" square (with the serial version), and
the write durability is way above a real RS08.

This sounds like an unbelievably awesome project.  Nice going!

John Wilson
D Bit