Maxtor XT-2190

Tom Gardner t.gardner at computer.org
Mon Jan 19 12:43:45 CST 2015

FWIW, microstepping goes back to at least the CDC  SMD of the mid-70s and
even some stepper motor drives were microstepped.  So there is no question
the XT2190 can do it.

The XT-2000 OEM spec,
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/maxtor/1014286A_XT1000_2000_OEM.pdf,
has no mention of microstepping nor does an Mini-Micro Systems article on
the earlier XT-1000.

If you are a tinkerer, u can try injecting an offset voltage into the servo
error amp :-),

Tom