Restoration technique [Was: Re: Bay Area: IBM 4341 and HP3000]

Pontus pontus at update.uu.se
Mon Jan 12 13:53:24 CST 2015

On 01/12/2015 05:36 PM, William Donzelli wrote:
>> What I find bothersome is that the techniques for doing so isn't
>> easy to learn. There are only a few with Tonys skill level and
>> even fewer who cares about old electronics and yet fewer who
>> document their knowledge, tools and tricks.
> Isn't that the point of this list and the Vintage Computer Forum?

Certainly, and the mailing list and it's archives is invaluable. But as
an introduction to the subject? not so much.

It would be nice to hand someone a book which at least cursory explains
capacitor reforming, how to read and write ROM's, how to repair corroded
PCB's or what to do if the copper has lifted from the board.

/P