Proud owner of a SDK-86, now what (revisited)

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:52:11 CST 2015

OK, I think I have a development environment, I found 8086tiny... to run an assembler under win 7 (using cygwin) and I have DOS prompt with 8086tiny, what a cool program!
 I will get the serial port and monitor talking next, to upload Intel hex files.
I do not want to solder on this board, it is so pristine, but I hope to add what I want from the plug in bus pins and a connector to a proto board:
8087 math coprocessor is on the way from that auction site
I will cheat and add a modern meg ram chip
I have a 1771 FDC here, but thats an 8080/z80 part, I probably need the XT disc controller
Video next

The idea is to get it to boot DOS and a hard disk, build the IBM XT from scratch with the SDK-86 as the base.

Franken-PC-XT, and having fun here.