Weekly Classic Computer Trivia Question (20150105)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jan 4 16:33:31 CST 2015

On 01/04/2015 02:03 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Chuck Guzis
>
>      > I suspect that other languages have similar exercises, though
>      > I don't know what the Japanese do in Kanji.
>
> Err, think you mean kana, right? (Kanji are the ideograms, there are over a
> thousand in common use.) There is something called the 'iroha':

No, having set up katakana keyboards and typefaces in the path, I do
mean kanji.  I still have some work from back in the day from Fujitsu (I
think), where the operator keys in the proper component strokes and the
Wapro comes back with suggestions of ideograms and the operator selects
one.  I was just wondering what a typing exercise involving, say, only
joyo kanji would look like...

--Chuck