Weekly Classic Computer Trivia Question (20150105)

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sun Jan 4 13:03:31 CST 2015

On 04/01/2015 16:04, Doug Ingraham wrote:
> What is the significance of the phrase:
>
> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

It contains all the letters of the English alphabet, as does

Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.

It originates as a typing exercise, as does

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party,

an exercise for touch typist that has (very) roughly the common ratios
and sequences of letters.

--
Pete

Pete Turnbull