Weekly Classic Computer Trivia Question (20150105)

Rick Bensene rickb at bensene.com
Sun Jan 4 10:20:25 CST 2015

> What is the significance of the phrase:
>
> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

The sentence contains all of the letters of the alphabet, making it suitable as a good test for electromechanical and electronic typing equipment, as well as a good exercise for typists to be able to accurately and quickly know each letter key on the typewriter keyboard.

I didn't look this up anywhere, just knew it from memory from typing class back in high school.

-Rick Bensene