Seeking... TI TMS9902 ICs

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sun Jan 4 10:15:07 CST 2015

Do you happen to have any leads on the title? I searched for TMS9900 on
Amazon and I'm just getting back a few TI publications. Sounds like
something I'd like to have in my antiquarian EE/CS book collection if I can
find it :)

I know a lot of the "family" ICs are just there for convenience and that in
principle it's possible to hook up basically any LSI UART (or combination
of discrete parts equating to a UART) to any CPU given enough glue... but
since it's my first time through with the architecture, I want to keep it
simple if I can :) OTOH, I guess upping the challenge level a little bit
wouldn't kill me. ;)

As you note, I don't think the TMS9902 was even used in the TI99/4a; I
looked at some high-res board pics and couldn't make it out. I do have
other UARTs in my inventory i.e. 6551, 6850, 16550, etc.

I'm definitely looking forward to it... my TMS9995s should be here pretty
soon so I can start fooling around.

Best,

Sean