64700A

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Jan 2 09:38:27 CST 2015

On 1/2/15 2:43 AM, Alexandre Souza wrote:
> Hey, I had one of these year ago! unfortunately never used for lack of
> software :(

 From digging around B3761-14504 is the CD for the HP-UX software. For which
version of the hardware, though, I don't know. It would be nice to have a
64700B with a 68030 pod.

It is possible to run them from the serial interface on the back. The vendors
of ICE systems really wanted you to run them through the PC or Unix interfaces.

I didn't realize until this week that the Huntsville Microsystems 68K ICE that
I have had a command prompt. I spotted the manual for it on the net, so that should
be here this week, which I'll scan and upload.

Digging around this morning, I found two more ES 1800 emulators for the 68020 and 68332
and they even still had the processor pods attached.

I found a really early version of the ES 1800 control processor in my pile of boards
that has the memory on a separate card, which makes tracing out what's going on easier.

The edge connectors are Multibus form factor, it looks like the emulation bus is on the
P1 connector and the control bus on P2. There is an emulation board, overlay RAM and
trace board on the P1, which all also connect to P2. The emulation boards have the CPU
specific 6809 code on them, and a smaller EPROM that gets mapped to the target.

The EL 1800 units replaced the 6809 with a 68302 and made SCSI and Ethernet standard.
I wonder if they emulate the 6809 to run the emulator boards?

A bunch of new pictures of the Applied Microsystems boards should be up on the bitsavers
mirrors now.