Pascal not considered harmful - was Re: Rich kids are into COBOL

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Feb 20 19:26:11 CST 2015

On 02/20/2015 04:44 PM, ben wrote:

> How do handle byte operations in C like *x++ on a PDP 10?

I'm only passingly familiar with fORTRAN on the PDP-10, not C.  But the
tapes that I've worked with packed 5-7 bit characters into a word with a
bit left over.  In C, does an int have to be an exact number of chars long?

But, for that matter, how do you handle byte operations if they're not 6
bit/12 bit on a CDC 6600 in c? (60 bit words).

--Chuck