Pascal not considered harmful - was Re: Rich kids are into COBOL

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Feb 19 16:38:07 CST 2015

> I got my start punching Hollerith cards and handing in a box of them at
> the computer center window. :-)

In my first semester of teaching FORTRAN, I had a student who had taken
multiple programming classes at Cal-State Hayward.  But, she did not know
what the word "COMPILE" meant!  She had always turned in her program at
the window, and picked up her output later.

THAT is why I made my C students use both a command line compiler AND an
IDE.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com