Pascal not considered harmful - was Re: Rich kids are into COBOL

John Many Jars john at yoyodyne-propulsion.net
Wed Feb 18 16:48:28 CST 2015

On 18 February 2015 at 22:41, Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:

> Pascal is somewhat under-rated (not to mention a litle ahead of its time,
> as it turns out). Maybe this is because, like Lisp, those who snark about
> it are too young to have used it :-)
>
> Apart from anything else, it was the best-supported application and
> systems programming language for Macintosh until the mid-1990s.
>
> --Toby
>
> Turbo Pascal was great.  I spent many hundreds and probably thousands of
hours coding with it.

I wouldn't chose to use it now, but back in the day it was the best
development system for CP/M and MS-DOS.

--
Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems:  "The Future Begins Tomorrow"
Visit us at: http://www.yoyodyne-propulsion.net

--------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -- Jonathan Swift