HP 21MX Ethernet/SCSI card?

Johannes Thelen johannesthelen at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:07:30 CST 2015

Hello!

I just got HP 2109 E-series which I bought from eBay last week. I was planning to make own tape emulator interface for it, but I found mystery card from it, and it could solve some of data transfering problems...
Here's pictures of it:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DR111cK6W-M0FPSnR4VmRDR3M/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DR111cK6W-Rm5FWFFueTd1eEE/view?usp=sharing
It seems to be from 1995  what I can guess from chip date codes, but theres no any manufacturers logos. As you can see pic, there is RJ45 and SCSI connectors. Is this somekind of emulator board for disk drive..? Can it used with PC (like old NetBEUI protocol) or is this for some very-special-made-for-very-special-communication-software?
Computer itself is from Navy's Radcom station (made by Grumman Aerospace Division), maybe somebody knows more of this system...

- Johannes Thelen

Old computer blog (Finnish) http://ennenmikrotietokoneita.blogspot.fi/Company site  www.thelentech.fi