imitation game movie

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Feb 11 12:54:44 CST 2015

On 02/11/2015 01:24 AM, Mike Stein wrote:
>> Would we have developed ultra-fast recirculating memory?
>
> Now there's an idea (has it been tried?); the equivalent
> of an acoustic delay line memory using fiber optics...

Way back in the dark days (1976 or so) I cloned a Beehive
CRT terminal.
It used silicon bucket brigade memory (CCD).  they had a 9V
two-phase
clock, and just a bunch of charge storage spots and the clock
pulses peristaltically shifted the charge packets down the line.
This was VERY much like earlier terminal designs that used
wiresonic
delay lines.

Jon