RadioShack Store Closure List

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue Feb 10 19:59:23 CST 2015

On 2/10/2015 3:58 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> I wrote:
>> If I understand things correctly, the ones on the closure list are the
>> ones that aren't being sold to Sprint.
> TeoZ <teoz at neo.rr.com> wrote:
>> Were all the stores corporate owned?
> All of the stores on that closure list, and all of the ones being sold
> to Sprint, are corporate owned.  There are also franchise stores, and
> the bankruptcy doesn't directly affect those. However, if this kills
> off Radio Shack corporation, then obviously the franchises will lose
> also.  It's hard for me to envision Radio Shack corporation being able
> to maintain the supply chain for just the franchises without some
> really major changes, which would likely make them even less relevant
> than they are now.
I had figured this bunch was related in some way to Radio Shack as they
are electronic component distributor, and use a very similar logo.  Are
they related to the fact that Radio Shack was also Allied radio?  What
happen(ed) to Allied in all this.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/

A pretty famous competitor at  one time for mail order was the Kansas
City based Burstein Appleby company.  They had a crash many years ago,
and shut down all the BA store fronts, and so forth, but the company is
still chugging along as a distributor in the original BA building in KC
and other warehouses.

Maybe the distribution part of the business if it isn't burdened with
all the crushing problems and debt of the parent might survive to
support the franchises, assuming they are not having a similar or worse
business fate as the corporate stores.
Thanks
Jim