begging drivers/docs for obscure old PC/Mac hardware

Philip Searle philip at philip-searle.me.uk
Tue Feb 10 15:33:13 CST 2015

On 10 February 2015 at 09:28, r.stricklin <bear at typewritten.org> wrote:

> Folks;
>
> Over time, I have accreted some assorted unusual hardware for PC and
> Macintosh, for which I lack the software to drive it. I know we have some
> terrific packrats on the list, so I'm shaking the tree, to see what might
> fall out.
>
> <snip>
>
> * Vermont Microsystems Image Manager 1024 (IM-1024) 1024x800
> PGC-compatible display adapter.
> Supposedly there were AutoCAD, GEM, Windows 1.x and 2.x drivers at one
> time. I'd love to see any of them.

I have an IM-1024 board. It came with two disks that may be what you are
looking for. The disks are hand-labelled as:
"ROOT DIRECTORY FOR RUNNING AUTOCAD V10 WITH VERMONT GRAPHICS ADAPTER"
and
"IM1024 COBRA (8BIT) UTILITIES DRIVER DISKETTE *DIAGS *IMDOS *VMDOS
*AUTOCAD9.x *AUTOCAD10.x *CADVANCE *CGI *CV *PCAP *VERSACAD *VDI *WIN286
VERSION 2.06 A0100x1"

I don't have access to a working 3.5" disk drive at the moment, but give me
a few days and I will make images available.

-- Philip