imitation game movie

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Feb 10 11:00:16 CST 2015

On 02/10/2015 05:33 AM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 05:12:03AM -0500, Charles E. Fox wrote:
>>>         When Hollywood handles a story strange things happen. We are
>>> lucky they mentioned
>>> Bletchley Park at all.
> I haven't seen the Imitation Game, but did view the trailer and what I saw there left me with the sense while it might be fine as entertainment, the historical inaccuracies would be annoying.

Yup, and you would have been right.  I can accept MOST of
the changes due to
dramatic license, etc.  But, the part where Turing HIMSELF
decides what info can
be acted on is so FAR out of touch!  Churchill PERSONALLY
had to make some
of the toughest decisions, such as to not evacuate Coventry
when they knew it
was next for getting blitzed.

Jon