Radio Shack

Robert Feldman r_a_feldman at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 09:41:25 CST 2015

Most people posting in this thread have assumed that all Radio Shack stores were closing. That is not the case (at least for some time). Only about half of the company-owned stores are being closed. RS has published a list of the 1784 stores it wants to close: http://radioshackcorporation.com/pdfs/RS-Store-Closure-List_020415.pdf. Another 1750 stores will be taken over by Sprint for cell phone "store-within-stores" and about 1000 stores owned by franchisees are not part of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. According to the Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/10/radioshack_store_axed/), the closings will take place by March 31. Two stores in downtown Chicago, near where I work, are on the list, so I will be watching them to see when they start selling off the merchandise.

Bob