LED/Incandescent lights

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Feb 6 16:09:05 CST 2015

On 02/06/2015 01:48 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:

> Well, Costco didn't have any of the LED shop-lights.

I note that Walmart and other big-box stores are selling the Lights of
America version as well (~~$38).  But you're not behaving sensibly if
you buy that brand, based on my own experience.

> But, they did have some [Feit, sorry] LED PAR-38's and BR-30?
> BOTH claimed to be suitable for use in recessed ceiling cans!
> 'course somewhere in the fine fiche print of the instructions,
> it probably mentions that the recessed can must be a certain
> specially designed type with x KCFM of forced air cooling,
> and inverted every 3 hours?

Well, there are ceiling cans and ceiling cans.  The type that I have
carry an IC rating (insulation contact), which, in my case means that
they're under more than a foot of blown-in fiberglass insulation.

Incandescents don't care about heat, but I suspect that LEDs do.

--Chuck