Radio Shack

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 14:29:20 CST 2015

> Chuck's rule of thumb:  If the component cost is less than $10, but
> several of them.  In other words, if you need a 10uF 15v electrolytic,
> buy 10 of them.
>
> My parts drawers overfloweth.

I do a similar thing, but based on usefulness rather than price. If I was
buying a small mains transformer it may well cost < \pounds 10.00
but I would probably only buy one or two. But for an expensive but
useful IC I might well buy at least 5.

For really common parts (LEDs, resistors, decoupling caps,
IC sockets, etc) I often go to the quantity to get the first discount
price (often 50 or 100). I use them enough..

My parts _rooms_ overfloweth :-)

-tony