Incandescent lights [Re: It's time to restore the 11/45.]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Feb 6 11:37:42 CST 2015

On 02/06/2015 08:12 AM, js at cimmeri.com wrote:

> So, why do you think that happened with the LEDs, Chuck?

Good question.  I asked them if any of their computer gear or appliances
suffered a similar fate and they said, no, it was just the LEDs.

My guess is that the LED units are singularly intolerant of supply
spikes.  On reflection, I should have asked them for a smoked unit and
done some investigation--but at the time I was working on getting a
large oak tree off my driveway so that I could get out. (You should have
seen the 80' ponderosa pine that missed the house by about 6 inches.)

Priorities, you know.  I should have also asked about the brand used.
There's some terrible cut-rate junk out there.

--Chuck