Stupid AC wiring question (220-ish Volts...)

Jerry Wright g-wright at att.net
Thu Feb 5 22:31:36 CST 2015

Josh,, The neutral   and  ground are hooked together in the panel. so basically they are the same..   the dryer plug gives you a couple  of good 30 amp 110/120 circuits or
1 good 220/240 volt circuit.   The difference is the Neutral is not at ground voltage. it is loaded some from the load lines,  but for what you are doing, make   the connection and give it a try