Radio Shack

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Thu Feb 5 14:21:54 CST 2015

So ..... Radio Shack is (more or less) finally dead.

There are still plenty of RS stores open for business. (Although I read
this morning that they're not getting new shipments, which makes them
essentially clearance stores.) Apparently the company is legally allowed
to close a maximum of 200 stores per year. Or something like that.

Horn-tooting: the Wall Street Journal interviewed me about RS back at
World Maker Faire last fall. They published the story online today and
it'll be in print tomorrow.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/strategic-confusion-put-radioshack-at-the-mercy-of-lenders-1423164004

Scroll aaaaaaaaaaaall the way down to the bottom. (LOL, yeah, I'm
important!)