It's time to restore the 11/45.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:51:41 CST 2015

    > From: Jon Elson

    > Gee, our 11/45 (SN343) didn't have this, as far as I know.
    > This sounds more like an 11/70.

Similar to the 11/70 in some ways, yes (a high-speed private memory bus), but
very different in others (a second UNIBUS allowing another PDP-11 access to
shared memory - nothing like that on the 11/70).

Like I said, this is in the 1971 11/45 Processor Handbook (which I think is
the first edition; I've never seen an earlier one), so I think it's original.
I guess that manual's not online; if you'd like, I can scan that diagram and
put it online.

	Noel