It's time to restore the 11/45.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Feb 5 10:27:52 CST 2015

    > From: Jacob Ritorto

    > Should I eliminate all this fancy bipolar and core memory and just use
    > an m7891?

PS: I forgot to mention: that board, IIRC, _has_ to go into a Modified UNIBUS
slot.  Plugging it into something that's _not_ MUD will, I am pretty sure, fry
something. Do you have a backplane with has MUD slots to plug it into? I
_think_ DD11-C's and DD11-D's have them.

    > From: tony duell

    > A plain Variac does not provide isolation from the mains so you are
    > actually now working on mains-connected circuitry (read : dangerous and
    > you can't clip a 'scope on it).

I'm clearly a little slow this morning: why can't you use a 'scope on it?

    > From: Mouse

    > Perhaps fortunately, it appears that here, at least, incandescents
    > aren't completely banned, just vanilla 100W ones.

In the US, 'vanilla' 75W bulbs are now also banned (and I think 60W's are
headed that way, too); 'specialty' bulbs (not sure of the exact definition -
think coloured, etc) of 75W and 100W are still allowed. (As are, ironically,
plain 150W and 200W!)

	Noel