Software for DEC MINC systems

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Mon Dec 28 13:27:17 CST 2015

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Lyle Bickley <lbickley at bickleywest.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:35:54 -0800
> Glen Slick <glen.slick at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > I don't know if that would help. I'll have to look and see if I have
> > already created an image of this disk. If not it might take some time
> > before I get setup again to create RX02 disk images.
>
> I'd be interested in these images, too (I also have an 11/23 MINC)...
>
> Cheers,
> Lyle
>
> --
> 73      AF6WS
> Bickley Consulting West Inc.
> http://bickleywest.com
>
> "Black holes are where God is dividing by zero"

I started such a project a while back, and grad school intervened.  :-)
But with all this interest, I'll see if I can't disinter my MINC and try it
again.  I'm pretty sure I have these packages and a lot more, and I really
need to get them imaged of RX02s before the oxide starts falling off.  :-)

I have a MINC-11, but I put an 11/23 processor in it - 18-bit addressing,
though, and I DO want to keep it stock so I'm not going to modify the
backplane for 22-bit addressing, as much as I'd like that extra working
store space!

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."