Looking for WinXP drivers for Trident Video Cyber9520

Marc Verdiell marc.verdiell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 03:05:58 CST 2015

In the series "looking for drivers". I have taken to using DolchPac 65's as
my retro workhorses so I can multi-boot  DOS, Win98 , WinNT, WinXP and Linux
while sticking weird old PCI and ISA interface cards in it. One of the OS
always ends up having some software for the card. It has a custom video card
that identifies itself as a "Trident Video Accelerator 3D Cyber9520". I
found the driver for Win98 which works very well, the machine came
pre-installed running NT, and Linux installs a driver that is a bit glitchy
but usable (I can't believe I could run modern Linux on this!). The video is
auto-recognized and the right driver installs under XP, but the default
version is ultra-buggy, video gets corrupted. Does anyone have an updated
driver for this chip? Internet didn't come up with anything apart from the
ones necessitating scary hardware scanners that crashed my old machine
anyhow.
Marc