Remember the old "Choose your own adventure books" By D & D! ! !

Mike tulsamike3434 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:42:30 CST 2015

On 12/22/2015 01:38 AM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Cindy Croxton <sales at elecplus.com> wrote:
>>> Has any of you took one of them old choose your own adventurer books and coded it into a text RPG in basic?
>>>
>>> 1. Clear the screen for the next page!
>>>
>> Clear Screen was CLS, IIRC.
> For TRS-80 BASIC, I think.  For Commodore BASIC, it's
>
> PRINT CHR$(147)
>
> (you can also type PRINT and a quote and hit SHIFT-CLR HOME and
> another quote, which works well when you want to print a string that
> starts by clearing the screen and going to the top left corner, then
> has other movement and/or text)
>
> There are a number of Commodore BASIC books out there, and for
> beginner stuff, the one that comes with the machine (if you get one in
> the box) will get you started.
>
> -ethan
In Qbasic it's CLS

Also your right Ethan and thank you that did the trick print CHR$ (147)
  IN Qbasic there is a SLEEP command as in...

10 PRINT " HELLO WHAT IS YOUR NAME? " PNAME$
20 CLS
20 SLEEP=10 <----PAUSE FOR 10 SECONDS
30 PRINT "HELLO" PNAME$ "yOUR STARTING A ADVENTURE THAT WILL TAKE YOU
THROUGH THE"
40 PRINT "MISTY MOUNTAINS "