XY11 Manual, Anyone?

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Tue Dec 22 16:21:53 CST 2015

Subject: XY11 Manual, Anyone?
From:    "Mattis Lind" <mattislind at gmail.com>
Date:    Wed, December 23, 2015 2:53 am
To:      "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>

> I have in mind to connect a machine to an IBM 1627 (CALCOMP 565) plotter
> and then the XY11 which just arrive would fit nicely, I think.
>
> But I cannot seem to find any manual for the XY11. Anyone know of a manual?
>
> The board is rather simple so it should be possible to work out the details
> on how to interface it by hand but it would be nice to have the proper
> manual.
>
> Then for software I found a diagnostic, XXYAD0 that supposedly should draw
> a square and a rectangle.
>
> Anyone know of other drawing software that uses the XY11
>
> /Mattis

The book 'The Minicomputer in the Laboratory' by James W Cooper covers using an
X-Y plotter with an 11/05, and has assembly listings and a whole bunch of related
stuff about scientific plotting. Also a lot of info on using the LPS-11 too.
There are plenty of copies out there and quite cheap too. It's an excellent book
and could be of use to you.

Steve.