Ferroresonant transformers and 3278

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 22 04:52:30 CST 2015

On 2015-Dec-22, at 2:28 AM, drlegendre . wrote:
> Ah, a terminal it is! Thank you.
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:30 PM, William Donzelli <wdonzelli at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Sincere query.. as the goog turns up nothing meaningful..
>>
>> Try IBM 3278.
>>
>> Hint: one of those popular terminal families in the world.

Funny, I tried googling a bare "3278" and got the terminal in the first of 33,400,000 hits.
Must have something to do with one's search history.

Used to use 3278s on occasion - in the mainframe terminal room where, as an undergrad, I was not supposed to be.  Just be casual and do one's best to look like you belong there. They were so much nicer than the bottom-end Hazeltines in the undergrad lab.