Anyone fancy a laugh?

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:40:18 CST 2015

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 5:58 AM, Jules Richardson <
jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/21/2015 07:40 AM, Adrian Graham wrote:
>
>> Having typed that subject line I'm changing my attitude slightly
>>

> Can someone ask if those are Steve Jobs' dead skin cells still stuck to
> the front pads?

Two words: Xerox Alto.  It was never a "massive commercial success" but
then, it wasn't designed or intended to be such.  But it incorporated a
mouse ten years before the Lisa's introduction.  There were things you just
couldn't do without the mouse, either (for example, using the Neptune file
manager, or the all-important task of playing pool).  -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."