Bye for now... was: <insert a huge lot of bloat and offtopic here>

Rick Bensene rickb at bensene.com
Sat Dec 12 13:22:16 CST 2015

Simon Claessen wrote:

> Another great day started with me deciding that thorwing away 70% of a list
> every day is not worthwhile any more. This list is acting like Whatsapp and
> Facebook more and more.
>
> It seems that a lot of people are unable to keep on topic. Its a shame.
> It would be so handy if people could refrain from "biting the troll". I am truly
> not interested in top, bottom posting, and other non classic computer blabla.

It is sad that Simon has decided to leave the list.

I am so tempted to do the same thing as Simon...say goodbye to this list because of all of the worthless , off-topic cruft that is posted here, especially lately.

However, I've been a member of this list for a long time, and I'm so hoping that perhaps by some miracle this current trend towards topics non-sequitur will abate.   One can hope.

-Rick Bensene