VAX 4000-500 PSU Overload?

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Fri Dec 11 10:45:16 CST 2015

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015, Jon Elson wrote:

> On 12/10/2015 04:30 PM, Robert Jarratt wrote:
>> My VAX4000-500 will no longer power up, with the PSU starting up and then

> Most likely there is a failed capacitor somewhere.  Look

My doctor once said to me that all problems in the head involve teeth and I
can safely make a similar exageration:

	All electronic failures involve capacitors

And this becomes (most repulsively) even more true when switch mode power
supplies are involved.  Keeping that in mind will usually help with
diagnosis.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn