[cctalk] Re: TOP POSTING

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:15:16 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:54 AM, <ethan at 757.org> wrote:

> So just to be sure This is the correct way to post?? from the bottom. in
>> my online gmail i dont get all the rest just the reply I will have to
>> look at the settings i guess.
>>

> Bad news is Gmail never deletes your emails, ever. They remove them from
> your view but keep it on their servers for profiling you.

The "final version" of a thread can be found in the archives.  This is a
good way for an individual to check how their posts effected flow of a
given thread.  Good direct feedback as to whether you're doing it right.  I
admit have sometimes forgotten to set up my replies, the archive is a
permanent record of my imperfections.  lol.

I use gmail exclusively for this list, but my messages come from many
devices - VT100 / Mutt, web browsers, Android.   As far as gmail archiving
my email for profiling I would think my interests would be of little
marketing value to them, they can have it.  I don't use gmail for sensitive
things.

--
Bill