Anyone interested in old (PDP-8 driven) Radio Automation hardware?

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 12:41:42 CST 2015

our  phx station  had an 8E  with one backplane in it and a  single  diablo
 hard drive.
would be  great to buy one of these for the museum .

Ed# _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 12/9/2015 7:19:06 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
radiotest at juno.com writes:

At 11:53  PM 12/8/2015, wulfman wrote:

>The "carts" were 4 track  tapes.

They were not. They were either 2 track for mono or 3 track for  stereo,
and they were physically different from, and not interchangeable with,
consumer tape cartridges. Radio carts were introduced in, IIRC, the early  1960s
(I would have to check my broadcast equipment catalogs) and predate the  Lear
8 track cartridges.

Dale H. Cook, Radio Contract Engineer,  Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html