Purchased a Microvax 3800

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:11:34 CST 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 9:22 PM, devin davison <lyokoboy0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I removed that cpu board out and took a couple of pictures. There is one
> connector, on the top, with two notches in it. Same as the controller board
> I just bought. I would assume that is the DSSI connector?
>
> http://postimg.org/gallery/1iafnu1oa/

Yes, that is an M7626 KA660 VAX 4000-200 CPU. The blue connector is
the H3602 console panel connector, the bottom grey connector is the
memory connector, and the top grey connector with two notches is the
DSSI connector.

Normally in a BA213 style chassis setup for DSSI disks there would be
a white round cable that feeds down from the storage section on top
which breaks out into the 50-pin plug to connect to the DSSI
controller. It would look similar to the 26-pin cable for the TK70
tape drive, only the cable would be thicker and the connector wider.
In your pictures there is 50-pin flat ribbon cable feeding down from
the storage section. I'm not sure what that would be doing in your
system, that doesn't look like something standard.

-Glen