[multicians] Emacs humor

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Dec 1 19:48:56 CST 2015

On 2015-12-02 02:43, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Nice.
>
> But, of course, Emacs was not developed on Lisp machines. TECO was a DEC
> edtior/language, and Emacs came about on PDP-10 machines. I think
> originally with ITS, but it could also be ran on TOPS-20.

I should probably correct myself right away. TECO was developed at MIT.
DEC included it in pretty much all systems they made, but it did not
originate with them. I don't know if TECO was ported elsewhere back
then, but there certainly exists TECO ports to other system nowadays.
But the ITS TECO was/is rather different than most other dialects of
TECO, so don't expect to be able to run Emacs on any TECO interpreter
you might have...

	Johnny